The George School Board of Trustees has begun the planning process to create a new strategic plan that will guide the school’s initiatives for the next five years.
The first step in the planning process was to survey students, current parents, recent parents, and alumni to get their feedback on how George School prepares students for college and for life in general. The results—tabulated by our outside consulting firm, Lookout Management, Inc. (LMI), which specializes in conducting surveys for independent schools—attested to the remarkable value of a George School education. The goal of the perceived value marketing survey was to:
- Present a report card on the school’s performance in the eyes of current parents, recent parents, students, employees, and alumni less than twenty years out.
- Evaluate the school’s success in preparing graduates for post-secondary education, and for life.
- Provide the context for Best Scores for questions in common with other measured schools.
- Identify areas of focus for faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist in guiding our efforts for continuous improvement.
- Generate satisfaction and success ratings to aid in marketing efforts.
- Establish baseline comparisons for measuring progress in future such surveys.
The survey results are highlighted in this section. They will inform the considerations of the George School Board as the trustees embark on creating a new five-year strategic plan. Teachers and staff will discern how the results of the survey might direct their efforts in the classroom and in the community now and into the future.
We are grateful to the hundreds of alumni, parents, students, faculty, and staff who took time to complete the survey. We appreciate their honesty, objectivity, affection, and recommendations. Their perspectives will assist us in guiding our efforts for continuous improvement and in building specific mandates for contemplated initiatives.
George School is also thankful for the support of all teachers, staff members, and trustees who make this place such a remarkable educational community.