George School’s perceived value survey results were shared with our community in the January 2014 Georgian article, “Survey Results Worth Shouting About.” The results identified several key themes to celebrate overall:
- Recognition of the welcoming nature of our community.
- Understanding of and support for the school’s mission by students, alumni, parents, teachers, and staff.
- The presence of at least one trusted adult and or close friend in the lives of our students.
- Acceptance of and respect for cultural differences.
- A strong sense of community.
The results identified three key areas to enhance:
- Interscholastic athletics
- The college guidance process
- Organizational skills and learning support
When the results were tabulated, our consulting firm, Lookout Management, Inc. (LMI), shared a dozen or more highlights within each constituent category—alumni, parents, students, faculty, and staff. The firm also compared our results to those of similar schools.
LMI reminds us that “one of the greatest values in conducting this survey will be derived over time. Using these results as a benchmarking tool, gains and losses can be progressively measured. When trends in assessment and combinations of trends can be identified, the refinement and re-direction of activities can respond even more strongly to areas of need.”