One of the upsides of George School’s course offerings is that there are so many to choose from. One of the downsides of George School’s offerings is that, well, there are so many to choose from. Whether you are course planning as a new student, or as a returning student, how do you decide?
As you begin to explore what your academic life might look like, the questions below will help you gain a clearer sense of what the right path for you might be:
- Is there a subject that you know you want to take all four years? Why?
- Are there particular courses that you really want to take next year? Why?
- Are there particular courses that you think you want to take before you graduate? Why?
- How does your current course load feel? Do you feel like you have a good balance in your life between your academics and your other interests? How long does it take you to do your homework each day? Do you get enough sleep? How are you using your free time? Could you handle a whole ’nother course?
- What courses are the least time consuming for you this year? Which ones take the most time?
- Do you think you might be interested in the IB program eventually?
Your answers to these questions will help us to advise you to make the best choices. Be ready to be engaged, energized, enlightened, and exhausted.
Of course, through all this, your advisor is your navigator and you’ll also find help in our exhaustive planning guide located in our secure portal.