Affording George School

We recognize that a George School education is a big investment. Any independent school education is. But because diversity, including socioeconomic diversity, is integral to the George School community, we do our best to make it affordable.

Scholarships and payment plans help families afford a George School education, but we want to help more. So we spend 24 percent of our operating budget on need-based financial aid—one of the largest percentages in the country. In fact, nearly 50 percent of our students receive some sort of tuition aid. For those who qualify, we also offer financial help for things like our equestrian program, books, and to help students pay for service projects abroad.

The full tuition at George School covers about 70 percent of the actual cost of educating a student for one year. The other 30 percent comes primarily from gifts to the school from alumni, parents, and friends, as well as income from our endowment. This means that even those families who are able to pay full tuition are benefiting tremendously from the generosity and foresight of others.

For more details, see our Financial Aid FAQs or contact us by email at financialaid@georgeschool.org or by phone at 215.579.6546.