Preseason Athletic Camps are by invitation only. They run from Monday, August 21 through Friday, September 1 at noon. The exception is Equestrian which ends on Friday, August 25.
The following information is required before you can participate in Preseason:
- Completed health forms including the Student Physical Examination form for 2017-18 and proof of acceptable health insurance (Private or UnitedHealthcare through George School)
- Updated contact information completed by parents on my.georgeschool.org
- Preseason Camp Contract signed by student and parent/guardian
*The Student Physical Examination form is due August 1 and proof of acceptable health insurance is due July 1.
What to bring
Monday, August 21 from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. in the Fitness & Athletics Center.
|Boys Cross Country||Girls Cross Country|
|Boys Soccer||Girls Soccer|
|Field Hockey||Girls Volleyball|
Preseason Camp Director
|Boys Cross Country||Michael Toomeyemail@example.com||215.579.6541|
|Boys Soccer||Paul Machemerfirstname.lastname@example.org||215.493.8015|
|Field Hockey||Nancy Bernardiniemail@example.com||215.579.6688|
|Girls Cross Country||Michael Toomeyfirstname.lastname@example.org||215.579.6541|
|Girls Soccer||John Stevensemail@example.com||215.579.6543|
|Girls Tennis||Cheri Mellorfirstname.lastname@example.org||215.431.7767|
|Girls Volleyball||Tim Majoremail@example.com||603.264.6528|
- Preseason boarders stay in campus dormitories from Monday, August 21, through Friday morning, September 1. Boys stay in Drayton and girls stay in Central Main.
- Preseason rooms are assigned upon arrival.
- Coaches and/or hall teachers provide supervision in each dorm.
- Due to the need to prepare the dormitories for the arrival of the general boarding population, all non-prefect athletes are asked to vacate the dormitories on Friday, September 1. If that is not possible, on-campus lodging arrangements will be made by the Deans’ Office.
- We ask that you not bring all of your belongings until you move into your own room on Sunday, September 4. If this is not possible, please let Glenn Curry know in advance, so that arrangements can be made.
Athletes are expected to eat all meals in the dining hall. Breakfast is served from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and dinner is served from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
An athletic trainer is on campus during the day and a nurse is in the Student Health and Wellness Center. We use St. Mary’s Medical Center for any emergencies.
Check-in for the 2017-18 school year
- Boarders check-in on Sunday, September 3 between noon and 2:00 p.m. in the lobby of your assigned dorm.
- Prefects who are also attending preseason, move into their assigned dorm rooms on Wednesday, August 30.