|Welcome to the George School Equestrian Camp.
Spend your summer days riding on the beautiful 240-acre George School campus. Learn how to improve your riding and horsemanship skills. We have horses available for beginner to advanced levels.
Our camp includes flatwork, jumping, trail riding, and a weekly show. Our certified instructors emphasize safety and riding enjoyment for campers ages eight to fourteen!
Enjoy a different field trip or activity every Thursday and every Friday you can participate in a George School horse show.
Campers enjoy a daily buffet lunch in the George School dining room. This full-service facility includes a deli bar, hot bar, salad bar, fresh fruit, and rotating side bars such as hot dogs, hamburgers, tacos, or yogurt.
Campers may select any number or combination of weeks. Camp days run Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Before and after care is available for families who need early drop off and/or late pick up through George School Day Camp. You can sign up for before and after care during the online registration process.
Week 1: June 18-22 – Fox Heath Horse Show (additional fee for those who choose to show)**
Week 2: June 25-29 – Dover Saddlery**
Week 3: July 2-6* – Giggleberry Fair (Peddlers Village)**
Week 4: July 9-13 – Horseman’s Outlet**
Week 5: July 16-20 – Fox Heath Horse Show (additional fee for those who choose to show)**
Week 6: July 23-27 – Do Trot In Tack Shop**
Week 7: July 30-August 3 – Fox Heath Horse Show (additional fee for those who choose to show)**
Week 8: August 6-10 – Advanced Camp: Invitation Only
**Campers may bring money for souvenirs to each show.
*Camp is closed July 4, 2018.
Sample of Daily Schedule
9:00 to 9:05 a.m. – Arrival to camp
9:30 to 10:00 a.m. – Saddle up time
10:00 to 11:00 a.m. – Riding time
11:00 to 11:30 a.m. – Untacking and horse care
Noon to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch (full service cafeteria)
1:00 to 2:30 p.m. – Horsemanship, games, swimming, or afternoon ride
2:30 to 3:00 p.m. – Cool off and depart
Special Friday Schedule
On Friday afternoons from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., we hold a George School horse show for all camp participants. Ribbons will be awarded to everyone. Family and friends are welcome!
What to Bring for Camp
- Long pants or jeans for riding and a change of clothes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Boots, must have a 1/4” to 1/2” heel (no sneakers for riding)
- Sneakers for non-horse activities
- Snacks and beverages
- Riding helmets (Riding helmets can be supplied by the camp if necessary)
- Sunscreen and bug spray (recommended)
Please click here to access the online registration system.
Rate: $419 per week (A 5% discount will be applied when you register for multiple weeks of camp)
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We limit participation to fourteen campers per week.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit (per week) must accompany the registration form. This amount will be credited toward the remaining balance of each week.
- Remaining balance of tuition is due on or before June 1. Unpaid balances as of June 1 may jeopardize your child’s reservation in previously reserved weeks.
- A waiting list is created once fourteen riders register for any given week. If no positions are available your deposit will be returned after the Monday of that week.
- No refunds will be given after June 1.
- A $85 additional participation/entry fee will be added for each week your child enters the Fox Heath Horse Show as a competitor. This fee must be paid prior to each show. Although active participation in the show is optional, everyone attends to learn what a horse show is about.
Policies and Guidelines for Good and Safe Horsemanship
- No one, except barn employees, are permitted in the barn unless the management staff is present.
- Be considerate of people and animals.
- Clean up after yourself and others by putting tools and equipment back in their proper storage areas.
- No running or yelling in the barn or around horses.
- Ask barn management staff before feeding horses.
- When the board is across the barn door, DO NOT ENTER.
- After riding, groom your horse so it is clean and free of sweat marks.
- When you are finished with your tack, clean it and treat it with conditioner.
- When your horse relieves itself in the barn area, clean it up as soon as possible.
Advanced Camp: Invitation only (more information to follow)
- Base cost $419 for the week
- Specialized instruction geared for each student
- Lunch included
- Seminars geared towards better riding
- Horse show – Fee to be determined at a later date
Courtney Smith is our Equestrian Associate and one of our summer camp coordinators. Courtney has been riding since she was eight and coaching riding since she was fifteen. She earned an undergraduate degree in English from Temple University and a Master’s degree in Education from Holy Family University. Courtney joined our staff in 2007 and teaches riders of all levels and takes students to outside horse shows.
Tiffany Taylor, Director of Equestrian Center
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940