In case of inclement weather, we rely on parents to make the decision about whether or not their children should come to school in the morning or leave early during the day. If weather conditions worsen during the day or a major storm is anticipated, we encourage day students to stay on campus in the dormitories. Please keep the following in mind on a stormy winter day:
- Classes are rarely canceled even when school buses are not running.
- Families will be notified of any schedule changes by phone and/or email through the GS Alert system. (Make sure your GS Alert contact information is current.)
- Updated schedule information will be available around 5:30 a.m. on the Parents Gateway of our website:
www.georgeschool.org/parents and on a recorded message at 215.579.6500.
- If you decide to keep your child at home, call the Attendance Office at 215.579.6593 by 9:00 a.m.
- Parents should call the Deans’ Office at 215.579.6589 to grant the following permissions:
– To allow your child to stay overnight in the dormitory.
– To allow your child to drive home during the academic day when roads are unsafe.
The Deans’ Office offers a variety of services to both students and parents and is the school’s central source of information. The office is staffed from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Call 215.569.6589 with any questions. The dean on duty is available for emergencies 24/7 when students are on campus.