Preseason Athletic Camps 2021-22
Preseason Athletic Camps are by invitation only. They run from August 16, 2021, through August 27, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. The exception is Equestrian, which ends on August 20, 2021.
The following information is required before you can participate in Preseason:
- Completed health forms including the Student Physical Examination form for 2021-22 and proof of acceptable health insurance (Private or UnitedHealthcare through George School)
- Updated contact information completed by parents on my.georgeschool.org
*The Student Physical Examination form is due August 1 and proof of acceptable health insurance is due July 1.
Monday, August 16 from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. in the Marshall Center Coffeehouse.
Preseason Camp Director
What to Bring
All preseason athletes should bring:
- Workout clothing appropriate to your sport
- Lots of socks (blister socks can be helpful—they are a double knit synthetic material)
- Towels for the dorm and the gym
- Water bottle/sports drinks
- Rain gear (sometimes we practice in the rain)
- Bathing suit
- Sweat clothes or track suit (sometimes it gets chilly)
- Shirts/shorts (several since you may need to change several times a day)
- Flip-flops or sandals (good for airing the feet)
Boarders should also bring:
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Money (for clothes washing and incidental expenses)
- Preseason boarders stay in campus dormitories from Monday, August 16, through Friday morning, August 27.
- Boarders will move into their year-long dormitory rooms upon arrival.
- Hall staff will provide supervision in each dorm.
- Day students will commute to camp each day.
Athletes are expected to eat all meals in the dining hall. Breakfast is served from 7:00 to 8:15 a.m., lunch is served from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and dinner is served from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
An athletic trainer is on campus during the day and a nurse is in the Student Health and Wellness Center. We use St. Mary’s Medical Center for any emergencies.