George School Equestrian Camp
Spend your summer days riding on the beautiful 240-acre George School campus. Learn how to improve your riding and horsemanship skills. We have horses available for beginner to advanced levels.
Our camp includes flatwork, horsemanship, and jumping. Our certified instructors emphasize safety and riding enjoyment for campers ages eight to sixteen*!
*Families with campers under the age of eight who are interested in Equestrian Camp should contact Tiffany Taylor, Equestrian Center Director at 215.579.6710.
George School Equestrian Camp food is provided by CulinArt, the George School food service provider. Lunch options are fresh, healthy, and change daily. We are a nut-free camp and can accommodate other food allergies and dietary restrictions.
You may select any number or combination of weeks. Camp days run Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Week 1: June 21-25 – Waitlist
Week 2: June 28-July 2 – Waitlist
Week 3: July 5-9* – No camp on July 5, 2021 – Waitlist
Week 4: July 12-16 – Waitlist
Week 5: July 19-23 – Limited space available
Week 6: July 26-30 – Waitlist
Week 7: August 2-6 – Waitlist
Week 8: August 9-13 – Waitlist
*Camp is closed July 5, 2021.
Sample Daily Schedule
9:00 to 9:15 a.m. – Arrival at camp
9:15 to 9:45 a.m. – Saddle-up time
9:45 to 11:00 a.m. – Riding time
11:00 to 11:30 a.m. – Untacking and horse care
11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Lunch (full-service cafeteria)
12:15 to 2:30 p.m. – Horsemanship, games, swimming, or afternoon ride
2:30 to 3:00 p.m. – Cool off and depart
What to Bring for Camp
- Long pants or jeans for riding and a change of clothes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Boots with a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch heel (no sneakers or flat boots for riding)
- Sneakers or sandals for non-horse activities
- Water bottle (required)
- Riding helmets (Riding helmets can be supplied by the camp if necessary)
- Sunscreen and bug spray (recommended)
Please click here to access the online registration system.
Rate: $445 per week (A 5 percent discount is applied when you register for multiple weeks of camp)
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We limit participation to twelve campers per week.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit (per week) must accompany the registration form. This amount will be credited toward the remaining balance of each week.
- The remaining balance of tuition is due on or before June 1. Unpaid balances as of June 1 may jeopardize your child’s reservation in previously reserved weeks.
- A waiting list is created once twelve riders register for any given week. Applicants who are placed on the waiting list will not be required to pay the initial deposit until a space becomes available.
- No refunds will be given after June 1.
Policies and Guidelines for Good and Safe Horsemanship
- No one except barn employees is permitted in the barn unless the management staff is present.
- Be considerate of people and animals.
- No running or yelling in the barn or around horses.
- Clean up after yourself and others by putting tools and equipment back in their proper storage areas.
- Ask barn management staff before feeding horses.
- When any gates or chains are across the barn door, please do not enter.
Tiffany Taylor, Director of Equestrian Center
1690 Newtown Langhorne Road
Newtown, PA 18940
For Tiffany, the best way to teach horseback riding is to teach each student differently.