Summer Camp COVID-19 Update
Summer 2021 – December 10, 2020
As we look ahead, we understand that it is impossible to know exactly what this summer will look like right now. We do know Summer 2021 will look different than previous years.
Our community’s health and safety are of the utmost importance to us and will continue to be the driving force behind all our decisions. In order to plan and develop protocols so that we can operate safely this summer, we will continue to follow the guidelines provided by our state and local health officials along with the CDC and American Camp Association.
We are diligently planning for the various scenarios that this summer may bring and will keep you informed about any updated policies and plans for 2021. Because information surrounding COVID-19 is constantly changing, we don’t anticipate having our camp procedures finalized until later in the spring. The list below outlines what we are anticipating being in place.
- Limited enrollment in each camp group so that we can guarantee every enrolled camper a space should we need to run at reduced capacity.
- Temperature and symptom checks conducted daily.
- Increased hand sanitization areas and consistent handwashing.
- Extensive cleaning of equipment and spaces before and after activities.
- Staff training specific to COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Dining hall procedures and food service will look different.
- Masks will most likely still be a part of camp. Along with physical distancing, we hope to use masks only when necessary. With 240 acres, we have ample space for outdoor activities and adventures.
We will keep this page updated as we continue to plan.
We are working hard to make summer 2021 the best one yet!
If you have any questions about this summer, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to talk through any questions or concerns you have. Email Mike Bailey, GSDC Camp Director, at email@example.com or call him at 215.579.6689.
2021 Camp Dates
June 21–August 13
between four and eight weeks available.
Please contact Mike Bailey, George School Day Camp director at 215.579.6689 for more information.