It certainly seems like March is roaring in like a lion with yet another major storm forecast for Wednesday, March 7, 2018. Since forecasters predict this snowfall will hit us during our term examinations, we have developed some contingency plans for Wednesday.
- The exams on Wednesday will proceed as scheduled for all boarders.
- Day students should only come to school if they are fully confident that the entire journey will be safe. Otherwise, they should stay home.
- Students who will miss their exams should contact their teachers as soon as they know they will not be taking them.
- Students missing exams because of the weather will not be penalized in any way.
- Day students can make up their Arrangement 3 exam on Thursday afternoon from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Day students can make up their Arrangement 5 exam from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Friday.
- We have added an extra make-up exam block on Friday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. for any missed exams.
- If day students’ schedules preclude being on campus Thursday afternoon and Friday, they should work with their teacher(s) to make other arrangements to take exams over the weekend or after break.
For day students who ride the bus, we have been in touch with the school districts to revise the bus schedule for this week. Buses will pick-up from George School at the regular time on Thursday afternoon (approximately 5:30 p.m.). Buses will also drop off and pick up at the regular time on Friday if necessary. Day students should advise the Deans’ Office if they need busing on Friday so that we can communicate with the school districts accordingly.