George School Equestrian Program
George School offers a three-season, co-educational equestrian program that combines athleticism and horsemanship for current students. Our experienced staff teaches the hunt seat discipline, which focuses on equitation and places emphasis on horse-care fundamentals, team participation, and sportsmanship. Instruction is available for the novice or beginning rider through the advanced jumper who enjoys competing in horse shows. George School is a member of the Interscholastic Equestrian Association.
Equestrian Center in Brief:
- Two riding rings with all-weather surfaces.
- Heated tack room and locker rooms for boys and girls.
- Twenty excellent school horses with the option to board your own horse.
For experienced riders, our varsity team:
- Is offered fall, winter, and spring, four days a week.
- Competes in off-site horse shows.
- Does flatwork, jumping, and weekly no-stirrup days.
For less experienced riders, the developmental team:
- Is offered fall, winter, and spring, three days a week.
- Gets instruction to improve riding skills.
- Learns about horsemanship, including horse care.
Team Term Fees 2019-2020
Varsity Program: $1,350/term
Developmental Program: $780/term
Horse Boarding Fees 2019-2020
Boarding Rate: $575/month (Owner is responsible for cleaning their stall Monday through Friday. All hay, grain, blanketing, and turnout are included.)
For more information, contact:
Director of Equestrian Center