Our weekend activities embrace the world both on and off campus. You’ll take advantage of our proximity to major cities like Philadelphia and New York, and we also value the richness of diversity that exists on campus. On a given weekend, there might be opportunities to explore mural arts in Philly, collaborate to build a raft, make empanadas, design a creation for a fashion show, or solve a mystery on a New York City visit.
The George School campus provides 240 acres to experience and explore. Students can practice yoga, use the ropes course, try their hand at archery, participate in campus scavenger hunts, enjoy Live Music Weekend, stargaze on South Lawn, and grab some snacks to watch an outdoor movie with their friends in the William Penn Auditorium. Community members make the most of weekends at George School, and there is something for everyone!
Christian discovers that coming together as a community happens naturally, easily, and fast at George School.
More to Explore
Planning activities that keep teenagers safe and engaged is a difficult job at any time, but during a pandemic it is even more challenging. We recently sat down with Director of Student Activities, Shari Rossmann, for a “virtual” face to face conversation to find out what George School boarding students have been doing this fall and what to look forward to throughout the year.
Plans for 2021-2022
• August 27-29: Opening Days
• September 3-5: Explore GS Outdoors
• September 10-12: Explore Bucks County
• September 17-19: Team Challenge Weekend; IB Science Retreat
• September 24-26: C.O.W.W. Weekend
• October 1-3: FRIGHT-fest Weekend
• October 8-10: Open Doors
• October 15-18: Family Weekend; Fall Break; NYC
• October 22-24: Harvest Weekend
• October 29-31: Halloween; Tech Weekend
• November 5-7: Fall Theater; Diwali
• November 12-14: Get to Know Philly
• November 19: Fall Departure
• December 3-5: Interfaith Weekend
• December 10-12: Holiday Dance and Dorm Traditions*
• December 17: Holiday Departure
• January 7-9: Wellness Weekend
• January 14-16: Trashion Show
• January 21-23: Multi-Cultural Film & Food Festival
• January 28-30: Live Music Weekend
• February 4-8: Lunar New Year; Ski Club Trip
• February 11-13: Valentines Weekend; Tech Weekend
• February 18-20: Winter Musical; Ski Club Trip
• February 25-27: Quaker Con
• March 4-6: TBD; Ski Club Trip
• April 1-3: C.L.U.E. (Central Main, Lower Drayton, Upper Drayton, East Main Dorms) Weekend; Climate Action
• April 8-10: UMOJA Weekend
• April 15-17: Passover; Easter; Nowruz
• April 22-24: Dance Eclectic; Sibling Weekend
• April 29-May 1: Student Council Weekend
• May 6-8: Alumni Weekend; LASO Weekend
• May 13-15: Film Festival
• May 20-22: Spring Theatre Performance
• May 27-30: Commencement; Study Weekend
*On “Closed Weekends” boarding students are not permitted overnight absences and are expected to stay overnight in the dorm. Such weekends exist to allow students to come together and share in the special activities created for these weekends. A “Closed Weekend” does not mean students cannot leave campus; day trips are permitted. Day students are welcome to attend activities on campus during these special weekends. If you have any questions, please contact the Deans’ Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-579-6589.