Joseph S. Walton expanded the enrollment to about 250, building a new dormitory and a new classroom building to serve the larger numbers. He encouraged the performing arts and promoted an athletic program that encouraged the “native instincts of play.”
With a new head and a new century, George School expands the student body, campus, and available experiences.
The George School Ides debuts in September 1900. It is a monthly newspaper published by the students in response to repeated demands from alumni who want to keep in touch with their school.
After starting operation in 1898, the Newtown-Langhorne Trolley adds a modest station at the end of Main Drive for use by the George School community in 1900.
When it opens in 1906, Retford becomes George School’s first building devoted entirely to classrooms, primarily for the sciences.